Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A difficult morning

This morning is turning out to be difficult, and its not even 7:00 am. Several things are present this week that are really fantastic, but its making my head swim in regards to my marathon training. First of all, Im leaving for a vacation to San Diego and then my first trip to Las Vegas. I am so incredibly excited about all of it. I love San Diego, I get to see one of my best friends and I get to see Vegas for the first time. What is worrisome for me is that very little of this is conducive to my training or my weight loss. So begins my stress. San Diego is absolutely beautiful, and a good running city, so luckily Ill be able to get a run in there on Thursday. I am supposed to run on Wednesday as well but will be traveling that day and it doesnt look like the schedule is going to work out so I thought I would just run today instead of tomorrow. Well thats a great plan for everyone except my body who is giving me all of those little signs that say "give me a day off." Normally I would just say, "Ok body, no problem," but I think the added worry of being on vacation, expecting not to be able to really nail my nutrition like I need to and the possibility of missing my long run completely on Saturday has me a worried enough that I want to ignore my body and go for the run anyway. Im also aware that in the course of this long training process that there will be days that I do have to push. Not ignore, not go too far, but just push my levels of comfort, but again, Im conflicted. Is it too soon to push? Is this not one of the situations to push in? These are all the questions and concerns that worry me, but they also excite me at the possibility of learning something new. So, as for the answer, Im going to give my body the rest today, at this point, I think erring on the side of caution is still the best plan. Im going to cut lose and enjoy myself on vacation, but just make the best choices I can while Im there. I have to realize its not the end of the world to miss a day here and there, but that it CANT be a habit, and I cant do it often. Viva Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment