Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goals

As my half marathon training officially starts this Saturday, I thought it would be good to set some goals, short and long term, to lead me through the next seven months.

Short Term:
-Run the Astro's Race for the Pennant 5k on May 30th without stopping and at least a little bit faster than my first 5k.
-Run the Heights Fun Run 5k sub 40 min

Mid-Long Term:
- DON'T GET INJURED!!
- Stick consistently to the In Flight Training program, especially the cross training and weight lifting, not just the running
- Run all of the Race of the Month Series races
- Finish the Aramco Houston Half Marathon
- Cross the start line of the half marathon 50 pounds lighter than I cross the start line of the Heights 5k

Some goals may be added or modified, but this is what I'm starting with.

No comments:

Post a Comment